Why have we claimed continued Independence and Statehood?
We are claiming Independence and Statehood because the Crown of Great Britain never:
- Declared War on the Murrawarri Nation,
- The Murrawarri people did not sign any Treaty or Agreement.
- We occupied Murrawarri Country when Cook claimed possession on behalf of the King of Great Britain with our own systems of Government and laws that governed they way in which we lived and managed the land.
- We have a right to belong to our own Nation,
- We have a right to a Nationality,
- We have a right to self determination,
- We have a right to self Governance,
- We have a right to revitalize and practice our Culture,
- We have a right to have an economy
- We still own Ultimate Title to the country within our Borders,
- We have a right to say what happens in our country,
- We have a right to manage our country,
- We have a right to live back on our country,
- We have a right to protect our country the way we see fit,
- We have a right to be compensated by the Australian and British Governments for dispossessing us of our lands under illegal measures.
- We have the right to develop our country in a way that benefits all of the citizens.